Front Garden

Front Garden
Full Bloom

Sunday, March 24, 2013

It Begins - Bed Preparation - 03-24-2013

It's Spring, but we still have snow. It is not unusual for this area. I try to get some pre-work in whenever there is a break in the blah weather.

 I start to get the outdoor beds ready by clearing off the snow and covering them with plastic. The snow will melt and the beds will thaw faster.

Frozen raised bed. The black plastic on the bed helps absorb heat. A must in this area.

Covering with plastic. I use bent hoops made from old political signs.

See my post: http://backyardorganicgardener.blogspot.com/2012/11/politics-is-good-for-gardening.html

A partial bed ready to start thawing. The soil in the pots is frozen. The pots make great anchors.
It may be cold and snowy. but I can still plant lettuce seedlings in my hoop house!

No comments:

Post a Comment